One of my goals for this blog is to help people who are launching international careers. This post is the first in an occasional series of links to remarkable articles on this topic.
- Emily Matchar, a Hong Kong-based freelance writer, writes Can’t Find a Job? Move Overseas in the Washington Post.
- How Working Abroad Shattered The Biggest, Scariest Myths About Adulthood by Kelly Denning for Enter: Adulthood.
- Tips for Getting a Job in International Education, a detailed guide by Melibee Global’s Ashley Houston and Kyle Rausch.
- Should we all speak an Asian language? (fun video!)
- Freelancing Abroad: 5 Tips for Business Journalists.
- Me and My Censor: Eveline Chao’s vivid account of editing a business magazine in Beijing, in collaboration with a censor named Snow.
- Getting On in Chinese Media.
- I’m leaving China and it doesn’t mean a thing. Imagethief (a.k.a. Will Moss) describes the end of an era, with far less drama than some other laowai.